Football coaches forced teenager to eat pork against religious beliefs, family say

Eight high school football coaches have been suspended after allegedly forcing a 17-year-old to violate his religious beliefs by consuming pork, Canton depot reported.

McKinley High School in Canton, Ohio has reportedly suspended head coach Marcus Wattley and seven assistants after allegations that coaching staff fed the unnamed student pepperoni pizza after he missed a practice. team.

Lawyer Ed Gilbert Told reporters on Tuesday that the student was reportedly punished because he missed voluntary training and was forced to sit in the middle of the gym while eating.

The lawyer added that the student, who is of the Hebrew-Israeli faith, has repeatedly informed staff that consuming pork or food containing pork residue goes against his beliefs.

“It’s just one of those situations that is just beyond comprehension in today’s society,” Gilbert said.


READ MORE STORIES OF CHANGING AMERICA

A RACIAL CONTROVERSY SPARKS AROUND THE ROYALS AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE

THE MAIN ESCORTED OUT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL AFTER GIVING A SPEECH HELL

NY TIMES BELIEVES Wealthy Americans Refuse To Pay $ 1.4T In Uncollected Taxes

THE SUPREME COURT COULD TAKE A MAJOR BLOW ON MINORITY Voters

BIDEN COUNCILOR TO INDICATE WHITE HOUSE WILL BEGIN REPAIRS TO BLACK COMMUNITY “NOW”


Gilbert accused the coaches of knowingly violating the student’s First Amendment rights because the coaches were allegedly aware of his dietary constraints due to previous team meals.

The player’s father told reporters his family had not eaten pork since 2013 and felt disrespectful.

“Obviously, I feel like the culture is broken,” Walker said. “Something has to change. “

Gilbert said the family “would like to resolve this issue, but they chose not to,” after an initial meeting with the superintendent, according to the outlet.

“They have chosen not to speak to us, so we have no choice but to go ahead in court and it will be very soon.”


America is changing faster than ever! Add Change America to your Facebook Where Twitter feed to stay up to date with the latest news.


The Canton Repository reported that Canton City Schools Superintendent Jeff Talbert was unaware of the press conference and declined to comment to the newspaper regarding the situation. But Talbert released a statement last week, asserting that “the safety and well-being of students” is a “top priority”.

“After being made aware of an incident at a football training session last week, the administrative team moved quickly to initiate the investigation,” Talbert wrote.

“Let’s be clear, the Canton City School District requires all staff to meet the highest professional and ethical standards,” Talbert continued. “Anything that does not meet these standards is unacceptable.”


READ MORE STORIES OF CHANGING AMERICA


TV STARS CHIP AND JOANNA GAINES DONATE TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST CRITICAL RACE THEORY IN SCHOOLS

CHRISSY TEIGEN Apologizes For Being Cyberbullying

ELON MUSK WASN’T THE FIRST HTE ‘SNL’ WITH ASPERGER’S

DWYANE WADE AND GABRIELLE UNION DECLINE BREEDING A TRANS DAUGHTER